Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

My maytag MAH4000 is only washing clothes in cold water. The

My maytag MAH4000 is only washing clothes in cold water. The hoses and screens are clean. Changing the water settings doesn't change the water temp either. Is it valve 22002795?
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

the valve is the problem and the part number is XXXXX as you said and it cost about $100 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please be fair and press the accept button before you leave so i may be paid ,, this is how we make a living ,,, thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I get to the valve?
slide the water from the wall and there is a screw holding the valve bracket it place, remove the hoses, remove the screw and slide the bracket to the side and pull the valve out, unplug first
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So I turn off the water and unplug the washer. Then take the two screws out that are holding the valve to the inside of the washer and take it out thru the hole.
right ,, if you cant then you can do it the hard way and open the door, remove the screws that runs though the hinges and the oven on the other side, pop the front loose at the top and remove the front panel, remove the two screws holding the top down and raise the top to remove the valve
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there a secret to getting the door out after taking out the screws. I got the screws out but the door and hinge won't come out.
raise up on the door and slide it out of the holes