Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My whirlpool model is LSQ-9665-JQ3. How can I remove the cam

My whirlpool model is LSQ-9665-JQ3. How can I remove the cam agit from the mover agit? What type of tools do I need in order to remove the said item? Is there anything I should look out for?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. There are 2 little plastic tabs that hold number 9 in the picture to the lower part of the agitator. If you stand on the agitator and pull sharply on the upper clothes mover part, it will pull off. Refer to picture for breakdown.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I need to get #9 out of #3 which is attached to the base. I think the mechanism of #22 prevented me from doing so. I try to stand on the agitator and pull #3 out but it wouldn't let me. My goal is to replace #10 but I'm having the hardest time trying to get it out.

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

Here is the instruction sheet for disassembling per that exact agitator breakdown...

Instructions