Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Kenmore 70 series model #22702100 washer WILL fill and agitate

Customer Question

My Kenmore 70 series model #22702100 washer WILL fill and agitate during the wash part of any of the cycles, but the dial will NOT advance toward the rinse modes, nor will the water empty, even when I manually move it to a rinse mode. Thank you. GD Martin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using I suspect your lid switch may be faulty. Open and close the lid listening closely for the clicking sound of the lid switch. Let me know if you do or do not hear it click. The lid switch is number 11 in the picture.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am having trouble seeing in the diagram where that lid switch is. It looks like it is pointing down to where the bleach fill is? Is it in the the little hole that's just "north" of there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.
Yes. it is. There is a small plastic piece that is mounted on the lid that pokes through that small hole and activates that switch.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

The part number for your lid switch is 3949238, available at It looks like the picture below...

View Full Image