Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire Dryer GLEQ2152ESO will not start. Symptoms Digital

Customer Question

Frigidaire Dryer GLEQ2152ESO will not start. Symptoms: Digital display comes on looking normal. When start button is pushed, the line of LEDs on the right flashes 3 times (all except the bottom one) while it simultaneously beeps 3 times. Then the display goes back to normal (no error codes).
Already tried:
Checking element (good).
Checking door switch (good continuity with door closed, opens circuit and turns on light with door open)
Thermostat on heating element is good (full continuity when isolated).
Thermal limiter on back wall is good (full continuity when isolated).
Thermal limiter on lower plastic air ducting was bad, but dryer is acting exactly the same when it is bypassed.
Replaced control board with a brand new one.

With old control board, start button is pushed and symptoms are exactly as above, but a "dr" error code shows.
With new control board, symptoms are as above with no codes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The 3 beeps means that your door switch is faulty. The error "dr" means that your door switch is bad. I'm not sure why the switch is testing good, but if the control board has been replaced, that doesn't leave any other options but a faulty door switch if you wanted to repair the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did you notice I wrote that the new control board does not show a dr error. Only the old one, which also had a bad motor relay. I also bypassed the door switch with the exact same result. I didn't think of putting that in the question because it also tested good. I even replaced the burned out light bulb, although looking at the schematic I see that couldn't be causing anything. Any other possibility? It has to be something, unless I bought a bad control board.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>Did you notice I wrote that the new control board does not show a dr error. Only the old one, which also had a bad motor relay. I also bypassed the door switch with the exact same result. I didn't think of putting that in the question because it also tested good. I even replaced the burned out light bulb, although looking at the schematic I see that couldn't be causing anything. Any other possibility? It has to be something, unless I bought a bad control board.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Other info:  When I put the dryer into diagnostic mode, I follow the steps to make the dryer do certain operations, and it does nothing.  Also, in diagnostic mode the LEDs don't act just the way it says they should, and I get an error code when in diagnositc mode.  The error code is -E5 or -ES.  This code is not listed on the list of possible codes on the service sheet inside the dryer, nor can I find it anywhere online.</p><p> </p><p>Other info: When I put the dryer into diagnostic mode, I follow the steps to make the dryer do certain operations, and it does nothing. Also, in diagnostic mode the LEDs don't act just the way it says they should, and I get an error code when in diagnositc mode. The error code is -E5 or -ES. This code is not listed on the list of possible codes on the service sheet inside the dryer, nor can I find it anywhere online.</p>