Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Frigidaire upright freezer GLFU2067FW6 with deluxe control

Frigidaire upright freezer GLFU2067FW6 with deluxe control display has an audible and visual (red flashing light) when freezer temperatures reach unsafe limits (over 23 degrees for 30 minutes). The freezer alarm continually sounds and must be reset to shut off, but the display shows 1 degree currently and food is frozen solid.

What could be causing this condition? - THX

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you tell me if there is any Frost on the back panel behind the food in the freezer? Also is the fan running in the freezer?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My first thought was since this is a seemingly erroneous signal tripping the temperature alarm circuit could this be a failure of the control board? I'm not that sure of how to test for such a problem.

This is not my personal freezer but I'm going over to see it again tommorow. I'll let you know what I see.

Any thoughts on the control board? - Thanks

The control board you can't really test, there is no test for this, usually it's a signal that the temperature is rising, this could be caused by poor air circulation because of a faulty fan or a faulty defrost system. It's really hard to say until you look at it and let me know if there was frost on the back panel building up then it's defrost problem, if you don't hear the fan running in the fan has failed in the temperature will rise, you need to really look at it and let me know what's going on, I will be on tomorrow so you can get back to me and let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Bryan, I'll contact you tomorrow.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

Looks like the problem has been narrowed down to the door switch or the control board. Here's what's going on.

Freezer temperature is correct on the display according to my readings (1 degree). No frost build up on back panel. Fan working fine.

When I put it into diagnostic mode it showed the door open/ajar when door was closed. That part is clear cut and looks like a bad control board or a bad door switch.

My question to you is, does the door light switch communicate this information to the control board or is there some other sensor that does that job?

Can you think of anything I may be missing here? - Thx

The door switch itself is what tells the board the door is ajar, replace the door switch and I'll take care of it I'm pretty sure that's a heck of a lot cheaper than getting a control board first the part number is,NNN-NN-NNNNand it's under $15.00 at this blue link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Frigida ire-Parts/Freezer-Parts/297243800/0046/253/Model-GLFU2067FW6/1428/0142000?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=0142000&searchModelNumber=GLFU2067FW6&subCompDesc=Cabinet&brandDesc=FRIGIDAIRE&modelDesc=FREEZER&blt=11 make sure your doors hitting it completely sometimes the door doesn't hit it and push it in far enough but I believe you probably need a switch, thanks and well wishes, Bryan