william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

kenmore dual fuel range LOCK stuck. not child lock. just

Customer Question

kenmore dual fuel range "LOCK" stuck. not child lock. just word lock but it won't allow me to turn oven on. tried holding lock button down. no change. when I try to turn oven on it beeps 3 times and won't come on. won't respond to clear button.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Did you try to re-set the breaker?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Is the door locked? Can you open it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
door not locked. I can open it.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

When you open the door look where the latch is in the middle. Is the latch sticking out?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes. latch is sticking out
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Ok that means that the oven thinks that the door is locked.When in reality its not.

Do you have a extra person there with you so they can help/

Press the accept button this is how im paid for either suggesting or helping you today. Thank-you.

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no just me for another 1/12hour.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Ok open the door do you see the door switch that little round lookin button thats protruding out a bit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no just me for another 1 1/2 hour. i see it.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Ok i want you to push and hold that button in and then put this into a self/clean mode and wait 3 minutes then press cancel while still holding that button in dont let go of it or you will have to do this again. If this dosent work please tell me. Unlike the other person who just left me with a negative feedback because of what i suggested didnt work when i told them to let me know if it didnt work or not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will do and will let you know. for the record, I left a positive rating already. I appreciate your help.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Thank-you very much i really appreciate it. LOL its been a rough day today. Wished i had alot more people like you. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I understand a rough day! the suggestion didn't work. I tried it twice. the error sign said "door" both times but it also said "clean" . bummer! any more ideas?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Now it says (door) and not (lock)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
both door in big blue letters and the same lock in small red letters
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Is the latch still poking out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes. latch still out . did you get other info I sent about blue timed and red clean?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
For now push and hold down the lock button for 10 seconds.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It worked! thanks so much for spending the afternoon with me. lol God bless!
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Oh thats ok i really really enjoyed working with you and i mean that!!!!!! Glad it worked for you. You are welcome and GOD BLESS YOU ALSO.