william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

I Have a whirlpool auto load sensing with triplespray technology

Customer Question

I Have a whirlpool auto load sensing with triplespray technology washer model # XXXXX The washer wont start or fill the only cycle that works is the spin cycle. Afetr talking with my wife it sounds like the problem may be related to over filling(opening the top after already full with a large load). I've already verified the hoses are conected with water flowing and the machine is recieving good power. Guessing a switch or relay of sort but have no idea were to start. What do i do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Hello, the switch that you are reffering to is called the pressure switch.Have you got the control flipped up?

Press the accept button this is how im paid for either suggesting or helping you today. Thank-you.You can still ask questions!

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm going to say no. Is the control your reffering to located on the pressure switch?

Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

No the control is where all your knobs are at and the pressure switch is under that. You will need to flip the control.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just to be sure your saying the control is behind the panel were the knobs are?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
The pressure switch is behind the control panel. Do you wanna see what the pressure switch looks like?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sure i would like to see the switch, and do you know how to shoot the switch and see if it's bad? When you say flip the control I assume you mean some kind of reset switch because if when you say flip the control your talking about simply turning the machine on or starting a cycle I've tried that muliple times.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Give me a minute please? What i meant by flipping the control was to flip the control panel up/out of your way.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

This is what the pressure switch looks like. After you flip the control panel this should be located on the left hand side it will have a little hose going to it plus a 3 wire harness. Let me know when you have the control flipped up then we can test it.

Main
View Full Image

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I was definatly confused, and no i have not done that yet i dont have any guides or diagrams so im working on fliping the control and gaining access to the switch without breaking anything. So it may take a minute.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Do you see any screws where the bottom of the control panel meets the top? If so take them out. or if you have end caps shaped like a L pop them off there should be screws under them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No screws but found clips above the tub and i now have the panel fliped but i dont see anything that looks simular to the picture. Could it be a different design? If you want i can send you a picture of what i am seeing.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Sure go ahead thsi is odd. Do you see a little rubber hose anwhere?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok please stand by while i get the picture and yes i see a clear hose running from the switch that controls the fabric softner down into the cabnit.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Theres no switch that controls the fabric softener.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there are two positions on the switch one says softner added and the other is no softner added.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Sorry but are you sure that you gave me the right model number? On the control panel is that the water level switch with the hose connected to it. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just double checked and the model # XX XXXXXXXXXX and the switch the clear hose is coming from is definatly labeled fabric softner. This washer is an auto load sensing washer so there is no water level switch.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Ok thats why from the start you gave me the wrong model number to start with.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I apologize i just looked back and i gave you mt instead of wt can you help with this model # ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
and i am sorry for waisting your time thus far
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Thats ok take the hose out and see if you can blow into the tub you need to blow really hard i believe its the pressure switch is built into that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK i blew into the tube really hard and it seems like air is barley flowing because i can see moisture moving in the direction i'm blowing.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Can you hear it blowing into the tub.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Ok put it back and try running it.Tell me what happens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Pretty much same as before. Any time I try to start a wash cycle nothing happens. when i put it on spin a little bit of water came out of the drain hose and the washer started spinning.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a volt/ohm meter by chance we need to check the timer and we can do that at the water valve selenoid harness.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Actually I wont be able to get my hands on a multimeter unti tomorrow if you could just tell me what i have to do to shoot the timer than I'll do it as soon as i get my hands on a meter
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
I will be here tomorrow and we can do this together if you would like too?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Ok this is what you do set your meter to read volts take one harness off the water valve selenoid pull your timer knob set it for the fill and put your leads into the harness the 2 wire one and it should read 120 then do the other.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks i'll contact you tomorrow and i just added a bonus/tip for your help and the mix up on the model #. I'll also see if i can't figure it out using what you gave me. I'll let you know if the voltage checks good.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
ok thanks again and just come back here to this same post. Good luck