Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a model MDE5500AYW Maytag Neptune dryer. I need to open

I have a model MDE5500AYW Maytag Neptune dryer. I need to open the top to replace a screw that has come loose. I had a repair man fix it the last time, but they are not working today & I need my dryer!! Can you tell me how to pop the top open?

Susie Gibson
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

First take the 4 screws out from the front panel.

Then drop the panel down to the floor.

Now you will see the screws holding the door panel in place. Remove the door panel and this will allow you to take the screws out holding the top panel in place. This should allow you access to the screw you need to tighten.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.