MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

just bought a new whirlpool d/washer....installed today....before

Customer Question

just bought a new whirlpool d/washer....installed today....before lvng., install guy put it on its first run and said it would run longer than normal...went to cellar and noticed water about 35 minuutes into the cycle....( thought there was a leak, but there was not ) hit the cancel button....will this mean that all my future loads will run for only 35 minutes?:
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 3 years ago.

MASTER-TECH :

Did the unit stop at 35 or was it still washing?

Customer:

still washing

MASTER-TECH :

What cycle was entered?

Customer:

do not know....he hit the buttons as he left...saw 2 or 3 lites lit..

MASTER-TECH :

Your dish washer with all of the heat selections can run up to three and a half hours.

Customer:

i knopw...but they say t his one is totally calibrated off the initial wash...and they say zero if you are dumb enuff like me to stop it during that initial wash....

Customer:

will this possibly mean i need a new sensor?....and byt the way i have not yet re-run it

MASTER-TECH :

If it has not calibrated during that wash it should on the next cycle,

MASTER-TECH :

If you want you can reset the computer also.

Customer:

ok, i will give it a shot...any idea of what button to hit?...normal cycle?

MASTER-TECH :

If you push the heated dry, high temp was, heated dry, high tem, heated dry, high temp it will go through a service cycle and will then calibrate on the next wash cylce.

MASTER-TECH :

If that key dance does not work remove the toe plate and it will have the key dance for your model.

Customer:

hold on one min.

MASTER-TECH :

Sorry, in the toe plate is a tech sheet that hold the electric info on your model.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Once the service cycle is started you may cancel after it starts. Then run the normal cycle and the computer will be calibrated. Thank you. Let me know that it went ok.
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

Just some more information:

-The FINISH tablets do the best for cleaning since the phosphates have been removed from the detergent.

-Still use rinse aid and set the dispenser for the water hardness in your area.

-Leave some dirt on the dishes but not pieces of food.

-Please contact me if you have any other questions.

-Thank you again...