william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

My 15 year old GE profile convection microwave suddenly stopped.

My 15 year old GE profile convection microwave suddenly stopped. There was a reset message just before everything went dark. I have checked the circuit box and the microwave plug-in and all seem OK. Is there a reset botton somewhere....I cannot find one. I have unplugged the unit for 5 minutes and plugged it back in but it still does not work. What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
What was the message before it went dark?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
RESET
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like its the line fuse in this but there is a problem the fuse is located right by the capacitor and that part still hold a charge of 5000-7000 volts thats even when this is unplugged which means that if you have no m/w experience this will kill you. By law i have to tell you this. If you have no experience in m/w repair then its best to make a service call.

Press the accept button this is how im paid for either suggesting or helping you today. Thank-you.