william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

i have a kenmore all electric free standing range. it,s getting

i have a kenmore all electric free standing range. it,s getting 220v to it. All the top burners are woring, but my clock display is not working there is power there. I replaced the erc, still no display. The unit is about 4-5yrs. old. I dont have the modle number to it Maybe there's a lockout on the erc. I dont know could you give some more advice?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Are you at the unit now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
When can you get the model number. That way there i can see what im looking at.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i,ll try calling the person now to see if they can get it
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Tell them to pull the bottom drawer out a bit and look on the frame either on the right/left side and there should be a tag with the model number on it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok i will. it might take some time ther're not at location yet How can i get back with you,when i get the info?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Just come back here to this post. Dont open another question otherwise i will not get it. Okay? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got the model number for you. It is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Does the oven light work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

OK then it could very well be your door switch. Theres no lock out on the display.

Do you see that little plastic rod poking out on the door frame?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Only thing working is the top elements.

So if the door switch is open,or the door was left open for a long period of time it will kill power to my clock?

Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

This is strange 120 runs the top and 220 runs the oven your bake/broil.

You really need to to get a meter to check the volts at the light and check the door switch. You could have gotten a bad board make sure you hooked the wires up right.

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate