repairman4734
repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.
15371985

How do I replace hinges on oven door of Kitchenaid KEBS277

Customer Question

How do I replace hinges on oven door of Kitchenaid KEBS277 DBL6?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today.Thank You for using Just Answer.
1. open the overn door to the first [broil ] stop
2. grasp the oven door on both sides. Simultaneously lift straight up and pull out on the door approximately 2" to release the hinge brackets from their stop.
3. close the door completely so it is perpendicular to the floor, then pull the door out of the oven tracks. and place it on a clean padded surface.
4. position the door upside down so that it rests on the top of the handle assy., and remove . the four screws from the door glass retainer.
5. lift the top and you should see the hinges and how they are mounted.
Part number for the hinges is 4455524 $30.54 at Sears. Hope this helps and have a good day. Smile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The door cannot be extracted by llifting up and out. I have tried many times but the tongue of the hinge seems to be locked solidlly in the oven aperture.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Finally I have remeved the door. Brute force and ingorance won the day.

I pulled up with a jerk to break any adhesion between the parts and hey presto the tongue became loose.

I suugest you add a line to your response in future to say that a brisk upward tug may be needed to release the hinge brackets.
Hi, Even in my servicing years, running into having to change hinges, these were not simple to do. Sorry about that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Your advice was not acceptable because:

You did not mention the two pins which need to be inserted for removal and replacement.

The screws which need to be removed to release the front face of the door are on the top and bottom edges of the door. The screws that anchor the hinges are on the inside face of the door.

None of this was clear, and I would therefore respectfully ask for the refund of my deposit.
Have turned this over to just answer on your refund.