Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

My electric Maytag Performa stopped working. If I turn the

My electric Maytag Performa stopped working. If I turn the dial it will click. Is it the fuse and if so where is it located and what does it look like?

Justin :

Hi, I'll need your model number. It's usually on top of the console on the Performa if this is a washer (you didn't specify) and if it's a performa dryer, its on the frame in the door opening.

Justin :

Also provide the serial number if you can, I'll need that if I need to research parts.

Justin :

It's on the same tag

Customer:

Model PYET244AYW

Justin :

Ok, one moment while I research this.

Customer:

Serial # XXXXX

Justin :

http://www.1stservall.com/web/Image/Model/47389 Part listed #5 is your thermal safety fuse. This part sits on the right side of the heater duct. To access this, you must lift the top. Do so by locating two clips between the front panel and the top. A flash light helps locate the position. Push in on the from the front with a thin paint scraper (putty knife) and lift up on the corners while you do this. The heater sits at the left rear. This part has two white wires attached. Pay close attention or take a picture before you start. You must remove the 1/4" head screw on the right side of the heater. You must remove the larger thermostat in front of the heater. Once you've found it, you can momentarily tape the white wires together at the terminals, plug back in and see if it starts. That will verify if it's bad. If you find this part blown, you'll want to clean out the lint filter duct by removing two screws from the inside of the front panel. Then a few screws hold the next panel on. In other words, you'll want to rule out any exhaust restrictions prior to putting the new part on.

Justin :

The fuse kit is LA-1053. On electric dryers, you use the small fuse with the PINK dot. The one with the yellow dot gets disposed of (only used on gas dryers) and you'll also want to install the larger thermostat in that kit (the one by the heater with the two red wires).

Justin :

Anything else I can help you with?

Justin :

Hello? Are you there?

Justin :

I'll hang here in live chat for 2 or 3 more minutes to hear back. After that, I'll change out of live chat to Q and A. You still have access to me, but it won't be instant like this. You still can ask questions and I'll answer them. There are other customers waiting currently.

Reply here when you're ready. You weren't replying and I usually only wait a few minutes in the event of a technical bug. Let me know what you found. If I've helped, please click accept. This is how I'm compensated for my expertise and time. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where can I purchase the kit?
Did you find that part to be bad? You can go to www.marcone.com to purchase it. The part should run you $25 - $30 MSRP. If you'd like, you can check out www.searspartsdirect.com to compare pricing.