Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service

I need to install a charcoal filter for a GE PVM2070DM4BB microwave.

I need to install a charcoal filter for a GE PVM2070DM4BB microwave. The instruction manual that came with the unit does not match the actual unit. What do i do to gain access to the filter area.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.

You must remove the grille above the door. There are usually two screws just above the grille which you remove. Some grilles pull straight off. If it doesn't pull off, don't force it as some grilles slide to the left and then pull off. The charcoal filter will go in the center slot once the grille is removed. It just sits in there. Your unit may or may not have one in there already as the charcoal filter is considered an optional part.

PS: the grille on yours opens outward when you turn the fan on. It is still called a grille. These generally slide LEFT once you remove the screws above it.

Edited by Justin on 2/21/2011 at 11:24 PM EST