Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

What is error F51 on a Maytag Bravo Quiet Series 300?

Maytag Bravos quiet series 300 getting a f51 code. What is next step to correct?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be assisting you with this problem.

Below is the meaning of the error code and the corrective actions needed.

F51

Motor RPS Failure
F then 51 flashes when there is a motor rotor position sensor (RPS) failure or lower harness problem.
• See TEST #3.

Click HERE to download the service manual. This will tell you have to test the rotor position sensor.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Trying to download service man. What is a test number 3?

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

Test #3 is on page 6-10 of the service manual. This will allow you to accurately diagnose where the problem is and what part to replace.This test checks the wiring to the motor and
rotor position sensor; and the motor and rotor position sensor themselves.

Please give the manual a few minutes to download since it is a large file.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There are many things I can do, this is not one of them. Should I call an authorized repairman?

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

Any local repair man should be able to take care of this. It would be cheaper then calling factory authorized since they are normally expensive and no better then a local repair guy.

Maytag Bravos Quiet Series 300 washer troubleshooting

Maytag Bravos Quiet Series 300 washer common issues

• Non-smooth cycle transition – The washer does not continue on to the next cycle after the wash cycle. There is a possibility that the locking lid switch did not fully engage. If this happens you can try to clean the switch of any excess buildup. If this still does not work the switch may need to be replaced.
  • Lint buildup – The washer does not come equipped with a lint trap to clean. If you notice an excess amount of lint you can place a capful of distilled vinegar into the liquid fabric softener dispenser and run it through its normal cycle. This will help to dissipate any extra lint or hair trapped in the washer.
  • Fabric softener dispenser – Washers tend to keep a little of the fabric softener in the dispenser. If your model has a removable dispenser you can remove it and clean with distilled vinegar.
  • Agitator – The agitator is what makes the washer turn back and forth. If you notice the washer is not emptying properly, the agitator could need to be replaced. If you remove the cap from the top of the agitator and pull it out to see if it is damaged.

Maytag Bravos Quiet Series 300 troubleshooting

• Hoses - Hoses are found on the back and middle part of the washer. Unlike other machines, the Maytag quiet series does not come equipped with a valve to prevent excess water from coming out of the hose. If water is leaking, raise the hose.
  • Spinning - If the washer is not spinning properly during cycles, check the power cord for damage. If the cord is damaged,  insufficient power to the washer will prevent the washer from spinning. Replace the damaged power cord.
  • Grease - Parts of the washer are greased to help it run smoothly. If you find grease stains on clothing after washing them, check for any broken parts. Broken parts can cause grease to leak onto clothing.

Replacing parts in the washer can get a little tricky. If you need additional help, you can consult with an Expert.