william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

Im getting an E13 fault code on my Bosch Nexxt 500+ series

Customer Question

I'm getting an E13 fault code on my Bosch Nexxt 500+ series washing machine. This isn't listed in the manual. Can you tell me what the problem is? Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

E-13 is a drain pump fault code. Access the drain impeller at the bottom front right corner. Just put a pen in the hole and turn the cover. Then you need to manually drain the washer.You can use a shop vac by just turning the cap until it starts to leak and vacuum the water as it comes out, this takes quite a while. When you get it drained you can take the cap completely off and clean it out.

Press the accept button this is how im paid for either suggesting or helping you today. Thank-you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi William, I'm not sure if this is getting back to you or not. We tried cleaning out the drain pump as you suggested, but we're still getting the E13 fault code. I've called our local tech to come out and take a look at it. FYI and thanks for your help.
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

Which cycle did this stop in was it the drain cycle? Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I believe it was the rinse cycle since this is the light that was on during both the regular and the (second attempt) refresh cycles. It stopped at the same place in both cycles.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HI William, My email is being weird, so I'm not sure if you received my reply. I believe that the fault code is occurring during the rinse cycle since this is the light that was on during both cycles in which it occurred. (I tried the refresh cycle when the regular cycle stopped due to the E13 fault code.)