Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Magic Chef stove w/electronic control and uniburners is 10+

Magic Chef stove w/electronic control and uniburners is 10+ years old - when cooking on back burner steam from pot sets off F1 beeping noise that won't shut off even when stop/clear button is pressed - How do I make beeping stop???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Most likely in your case it's the touchpad (keypad) that is shorting out from the steam'

F1 1. Watchdog on board
2. Touch membrane defective
To determine which component is at fault, disconnect ribbon strip. If NO fault code, replace membrane, otherwise replace board

you can do the test to determine for sure, you will need to open your control board up and unplug the ribbon from the keypad, then try boiling water on the back burner and see if the code returns, if it does you need to replace the ERC which is the electronic range control, if it doesn't you will need to replace the touchpad, let me know what happens when you tested and I'll get you a link to the part you need, thanks, Bryan