william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

I would like to know if the Samsung 24.1 cu. ft. side by side

I would like to know if the Samsung 24.1 cu. ft. side by side counter depth model (RSG257AA)would run in an efficient manner given my measurements. I am concerned about adequate ventilation. My space is 72 H, 36 W, 28 cabinet depth and the cabinet is right around the specified opening. Can you tell me what the manual says about space needs and ventilation? Thanks! Fran
Is this gonna have a water line hooked to it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok thanks. There should be about 2 1/2 inches of space from the back wall to the back of the frige. The sides really dont matter cause there isnt any vents on the sides. Also watch how you push this back so you dont crush or roll over the water line. Its best to have the waterline come up through the floor then put a shut off valve on it too.One more item use a copper water line also.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does this Samsung model have an active cooling system with the fan and condenser on the bottom and back so it doesn't need side space? Only back and top space? How does one get it in and out to clean?

You need to pull the frige out to clean it like every frige there is out there. All friges have a cooling system and the condensor the fan the compressor everything is on the bottom all except for the evaporator thats usally in the freezer section behind the back wall.

Who said anything about needing side space?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

So you are saying that the sides of the fridge can be just about flush to the inside of the cabinet wall and that as long as I leave 2 1/2 inches in the back the fridge would be ventilated properly and run efficiently?

Yes that is correct.