Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

We have a Whirlpool Duet, 4619 702 36281 8183091 (not sure

We have a Whirlpool Duet, 4619 702 36281(NNN) NNN-NNNN(not sure if this is needed). We keep getting an F20 error message. We have changed the water hoses since the ones we had were almost 4 years old. We live in a condo, and the pipes are checked annually. I can hear water run through the machine and have even taken out the soap holder and see the water coming through. We continue to get an F20 error message. Is there some thing I can do or do I have to get a technician? Thank you so much for your time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

The meaning of the error code is listed below along with the corrective actions needed.

F20

NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING MACHINE OR PRESSURE SWITCH TRIP NOT DETECTED.
The Pressure switch is not tripped after 6 minutes.

If there is no water in the unit:
Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves.
Verify inlet valve operation.
If there is water in the unit:
Verify drain pump operation.
Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and properly connected to tub and pressure switch.
1. Verify there is not a siphon problem.
2. Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display. The machine will drain for 3 minutes before unlocking the door.
3. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
4. Verify wire harness connections to inlet valves, pressure switch, drain pump and Central Control Unit (CCU).
5. Check all hoses for possible leaks.
6. Plug in washer or reconnect power
7. Verify pressure switch operation.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any cycle.

The tech sheet with the instructions for running the diagnostic test can be found behind the panel under the door stuck to the side wall.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is the same explanation in the Use & Care Guide and we have done all of the above. Is there anything else that can be done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
You will need to take the panel out from under the door by removing the three screws along the botXXXXX XXXXXp.

graphic

Then once the panel is out grab the tech sheet taped to the side wall inside the machine. Use the instructions on the tech sheet to run the diagnostic program, this will tell you where the problem is and the corrective actions needed.

In my experience this problem nearly always boils down to the pressure switch being bad.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.