Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service

Bosch Dishwasher model SHX45P05UC. Installed four days ago.

Bosch Dishwasher model SHX45P05UC. Installed four days ago. Door won't stay closed - latch doesn't seem to work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.

Justin :

I'd advise you to ensure that the door console area is not hitting the side stiles of the cabinetry. If not, call for warranty service. Do NOT attempt to repair this while you're under the first year. Beside, it's free for a Bosch representative to come to your home *UNLESS* the reason for your problem is due to a faulty installation.

Justin :

It's possible you have a broken latch or maybe something is just out of adjustment. Working on your appliance can void your warranty, so don't do it. :)

Justin :

I know this isn't an answer, but it's the best piece of advice I can give anyone with a warranted appliance.

Justin : This is a link to Bosch service locator so someone close can visit your home in a timely manner.

OK. Thanks. No interference with cabinet. I'll call for service.

Justin :

That's what I'd advise. Good call my friend. Great appliance you bought. Probably just something very minor

Justin :

Follow that link I provided and you'll be fixed in no time.