Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a frigidaire mfu14m2gw0 upright freezer. It is a manual

I have a frigidaire mfu14m2gw0 upright freezer. It is a manual defrost. The door does not make the sealing noise it used to when we first got it. My wife and child keep leaving it partially ajar and thawing. Seems to cool great and just took seal off and cleaned it and I don't see damage to the seal. Any help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The "sealing noise" is nothing more than the warm air that enters the freezer when you open the door. Then it cools down an condenses, causing a "suction" which will suck air through the seal. The only things that will stop the "sealing noise" is either the freezer isn't cold enough or the seal isn't sealing up tight enough. Either way if the freezer is still working, just thaw it out and defrost it. Give it 24 hours to cool down again and from there it will either work again, or if not check the temperature and it should be zero degrees in the freezer. If that checks good then you can either replace the door seal or just let it be. Just because it's not making the noise doesn't mean it's not working.