Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

maytag neptune washer wont spin or drain. Drain pump will work

Customer Question

maytag neptune washer wont spin or drain. Drain pump will work but it does'nt allow the water to go to the pump.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. So, you found nothing in the pump hoses then? If so, are you sure the pump is running? Will it discharge any water at all, even in a small trickle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I squeezed the drain hose from the drum repeatedly and got alittle bit of water in the hose. Than had the dial set on spin pushed the start button it kicked the pump on and pumped the little bit of water out that was in the hose.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Spend $3 and view all the answers to this question (you have $30 in your account).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I do that with out getting the electrical components wet at the bottom of the washer and is the water suspose to direct flow in to the pump from the drum.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Number 21 is the hose in question...remove it from the tub and remove who knows what! Surprised

View Full Image

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I forgot to tell you that I blew in to the drain tube and could hear the water gurgling in the drum does that change anything with your prognosis.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
If you are sure the pump is working, the hose must be plugged. You should not have been able to blow into the tub. There is a check valve that prevents the water from flowing back into the tub. Remove the hoses and really look closely at the pump impeller. You should be able to move it by hand. Be sure to unplug the machine, tip it back and have towels or Shop Vac handy. Let me know what you find!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
One more question. Why did the machine stop spinning?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
It won't spin if the water pressure switch sees that there is water in the tub. The control doesn't want the machine spinning with full tub of water. If you want, I can send you the complete service manual. May come in handy in the future....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would not mind having the service manual but that depends on how much it would cost.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
It doesn't cost any more than what the value of the question is! It is part of my answer to your question. It is uploading...takes a few minutes...
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Follow the link to download. This is a free shareware site, so please excuse the advertisements!

Service Manual

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help and the service manual.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

It was my pleasure. If you run into problems, you can refer back to this thread for no additional charge, for up to around 2-3 weeks! Keep me posted on your progress and thanks alot for the accept, I appreciate it!