Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Amana freezer ice maker only releases water instead of making

My Amana freezer ice maker only releases water instead of making ice cubes. When the arm is in the down position to make ice cubes, it makes the first group of ice cubes - maybe 6 cubes. After that, water streams into the ice cube tray and ice cubes are no longer made.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Okay this means you water valve is sticking, it will need to be replaced, it is located behind the refrigerator where the water line connects, the part number is XXXXX you can order this at the link below

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Amana-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/12490801/0046/464/Model-BX22 S5WP1196708WW/1268/0161000?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=0161000&searchModelNumber=BX22S5WP1196708WW&subCompDesc=Ice%20maker%20assembly%20&%20parts&brandDesc=AMANA&modelDesc=BOTTOM-MOUNT-REFRIGERATOR&blt=11 thank you for using Just Answer, if you have any further questions don't be afraid to ask, Bryan