Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I cleaned my GE fridge last Saturday and now both sides are

I cleaned my GE fridge last Saturday and now both sides are warm. is there a reset button?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

When you cleaned this how long was it unplugged? Are the fans running? If this was unplugged how long has it been plugged back in? Also do you hear any clicking or buzzing coming from behind the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I didn't unplug it just turned off the temp. Yes, the fans are running. No clicking or bussing.
Okay can you pull this away from the wall and remove the panel along the bottom that covers the compressor? I need you to feel the compressor and see whether it's vibrating, whether it's hot, warm, or cold, can you do that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

is that the small panel middle right or the big one across the bottom with the vents?

The big one across the bottom with the vents, once you get that off there will be a black ball looking thing thats the compressor,just put your hand on the top of it and see if it's vibrating, also tell me if it's hot, warm, or cold
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

They are not regular screws but hex. I am going to have to get something to take them off. it may take a little while. can I answer back when I get it?

Sure I will be here most of the day, I've got the feeling it's a bad control board that's causing your issue, this is behind that little panel you were talking about, these constantly fail, GE has had to redesign these four times,but to be sure we need to know if the compressor is running, let me know when you get to it thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it not running but nothing is warm. the fan is running
ok, can you open the small panel and check the board? unplug the refrigerator and pull the board out and check the back side for a bad solder joint, also smell it and see if it smells like it burned. it can have a funny plasticy burn smell sometimes too.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it did smell like burned and was warm. not notice any solder joints
ok its bad, it needs to be replaced, most places get around $160.00 for this but you can order it @ for $121.92, the cheapest place I found, the part # XXXXX XXXXX thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so you mean the circuit board is bad?
yes . its not anything you did these just fail, G.E. had a lot of trouble with these, this is the latest and newest design, this will take care of the issue,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thank you
your very welcome, have a great day. thanks Bryan