Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Yesterday I talked with Bryan he helped me. I need to get

Customer Question

Yesterday I talked with Bryan he helped me. I need to get additional help. Please put me in contact with Bryan.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

did you get my other reply on the earlier post?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I received your answer that the clutch has gone out. My follow-up questions were about replacing the clutch. How do I do it? What do I take apart? Can I replace it by removing only the front panel? Do I need special tools? Etc.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

no special tools, I did reply in the other post on how to do this, try clicking this blue link its on that post,

I have a General Electric Washer, model no. WPSQ312OT8WW, that let me know if it comes up. thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Brian,

I replaced the clutch and the washer works fine. A couple of items to mention so that you can better advise others doing this type of repair. First, how to remove the little clip at the bottom of motor shaft. I had to loop a thick wire through the round end of the clip, loop the other portion of the wire around a large pry bar, then brace my feet against the washer and pull hard to remove the clip. Second, how to pull on the motor to get enough tension in the belt so that it does not slip; I don't know how you do this, but I had to loop a small rope around the motor and have my wife pull on the rope while I tightened the 4 bolts holding the motor. But, thanks for your help.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry I was off-line most of the day today I'm not sure which clipped the round loop I think is the one that is on the top of a clutch correct in it goes around the shaft or are you talking about the motor getting it back on image something about putting a Rope around the motor, I'm not sure which talking about we have two different posts going in an identical back and look at the other one to see what you were talking about and any rate I'm glad you got it running good job, thanks and well wishes, Bryan