Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

My whirlpool washer door wont open and the washer wont start

My whirlpool washer door won't open and the washer won't start its a front loader
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 3 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.
Is there still water in it ?

If this has been helpfull please press accept.Smile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
The problem is it can't drain because the pump is blocked. To clean it out you need to remove the front lower panel. There are screws under the botXXXXX XXXXXp. The pump is in the centre it has a large removable screw cap. When you take the cap off the water is going to empty so be prepared.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I washed my clothes and started to take them out of the washer and they were still wet so i tried to drain and spin and i closed the door and the washer won't start and the door won't open no mater what i do and the little red light that tells you the door is locked is not on but the door will not open and there are no clothes stuck in the door or anything
Ok check the pump first then if that does help let me know. Because if that is not the problem you could have a bad door lock.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This has not helped me i don't think it is the pump i think it electricle
Does it sound like the pump wants to run do you here a hum ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It makes no effort to start it has 2 buttons and the first button lights up but when you push the second button to start it it just makes several beeps and the door lock don't come on and i've tried pushing on the door to make sure its closed and that don't work either
Ok if that is the case you have a bad door lock. If you remove the lower panel taped to the inside wall of the washer is the tech sheet it will tell you how to unlock the door. And it will tell you how to run the diagnostic tests. But from what you have told me the door lock needs to be replaced.

Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 years experience