Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a caloric gas stove I bought 10 years ago. I never

Customer Question

I have a caloric gas stove I bought 10 years ago. I never had a problem with the stove at all. Yesterday my husband was making a pizza in the oven when he was done we were eating in the living room. We herard a big crash. The glass broke out of the oven. Nobody touched it and it shattered all over the floor. I dont care how old it is I think there was a defect why would the glass shatter? We wre lucky no one got hurt.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

these are tempered glass and sometimes there is a small flaw in the glass that can eventually caues the glass to explode, I used to run a glass company and have seen this happen a lot, even after years of use, theres know way to telll however what caused it, do you need to have us look up the part and diagrams? if so what is the model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is there anything the company should do?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
being 10 years old no. do you remember where you bought it? you can try contacting them but i don't believe they (if they are still in business) will help. you will either have to pay to have it replaced or attempt to replace it yourself unfortunately,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your welcome, thanks Bryan