Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a fairly new Whirlpool duet ht (front loader washer).

I have a fairly new Whirlpool duet ht (front loader washer). I had been getting an error message "SUD" which would stop the wash cycle. I would power down and then drain and rinse in order to finish the load. I felt that this was happening because of the large size of the load. The problem has gotten worse...I get the message quite frequently and now have been getting an "F21" error message. At this point the only resolution I can find is to pull out most of the soaking wet clothes and run the washer in small cycles. I am to the point that I can't even get through one wash cycle and can't get past the F21 message. HELP!!! Thanks so much :)

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

you need to clean your pump trap. remove the access panel under the door in the front of the machine and you will see this, get some towels ready and unscrew the cap and pull the trap out, clear it out and put the trap back in, run the machines with no clothes or detergent and few times and that should take care of the issue, there are 3 screws holding the panel on way down at the bottom of the panel, you almost have to lay on the floor to see them. thanks Bryan