Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My GE Profile Convection OVen light will not turn off!! Model

<p>My GE Profile Convection OVen light will not turn off!! Model: J KP16GoP2BG</p><p>Can I fix this myself????  </p><p> Thanks!</p>
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

you can fix this yourself, you need to replace the light switch,

this plugs in. what you need to do is first shut the breaker or at the box and then take a thin putty knife and push in the little gold clips that hold the switch in while working the switch out. be careful not to get the plug caught and let it come off before you get a hold of it, this can fall down into the side wall of the oven and then you will need to take the oven apart to get the plug, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Switch/253125?modelNumber=JKP16GP2BG hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks,

Does this switch just plug in; is there a special orientation of the new plug easily visible.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the switch just plugs in and it will only fit one way, just don't loose the plug into the oven. there is room to pull it out and replace but just don't get the plug hung up getting it out, it comes straight out, I usually get a hold of the plug once its visible with a pair of needle nose pliers and hang onto it.