Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Washing Machine, Model WWSE5240G1WW. The drive

I have a GE Washing Machine, Model WWSE5240G1WW. The drive belt broke and I ordered a replacement from GE. The new replacement belt WH01X10353 is stated to be a direct replacement for the original WH01X10302. The new belt has the same identification/part numbers on the the belt as the old belt '175D5131P003 AND 1023 JTE". The new belt won't fit around the driven pully (major pully under trans and basket) and certainly can't make it to the motor pully. Is there a dimensional lenght for the poly V- belt and could have GE sent thje wrong part?? Thanks, Norm
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

this is the correct replacement belt. Manufacturer authorized substitution: WH01X10353 may differ in appearance, but is a functional equivalent to prior parts including WH01X10302.

you will need to have a tech install this however, there is a special belt installation tool needed, you can order the tool if you want to try this yourself, just click the link above. I'm noy sure one this one how the toll works though but I think it comes with instructions,