Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

My Kenmore electric flatrange oven (316433601) will not heat.

My Kenmore electric flatrange oven (316433601) will not heat. The broiler igniter will heat, but the bake igniter will not. What type of replacement part do I need to substitute it and can I do it myself?
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. You need to replace the bake igniter. It is located under the bottom panel inside the oven. It is screwed to the burner tube just like the broil on is but on the bottom. You can order the part from
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Other than the website listed, Is it possible to buy the part from anywhere else? I would like to fix it today if possible.
Lowes might have the part.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Lastly, would you happen to know the part number or could I use any bake igniter for an electric stove?
Most of them are all the same. As long as the mount the same they are interchangeable. I dont have the part #. Sorry.