Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

No cold water wash. Under HOT water, however, my GE FRONT

No cold water wash. Under HOT water, however, my GE FRONT LOAD WASHER WBVH5200J2WW RUNS NORMALLY UNTIL IT REACHES RINSE CYCLE. IT THEN MAKES A HUMMING NOISE WHEN ITS SUPPOSED TO BE DISPENSING RINSE WATER DOES NOTHING FOR A FEW MORE MINUTES SPINS, THEN THE DOOR UNLOCKS WITH START/PAUSE BUTTON FLASHING. my washer runs all cycles until it get to rinse. then it stops alltogether (no noise) the power button stays on the start button flashes. all i can do is turn the knob to drain and spin and it finishes the load. what a pain in the ****,what can i do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

you need to replace the fill valve. if you start the wash in cold and all it does is buzz the valve is not opening, the first thing I would do however before ordering the valve it to remove the hose and check the screens in both the valve and the hose, if they are clear replace the valve, it is a dual valve , one side for hot and one for cold,

thanks Bryan