Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

i have whirlpool gold self clean oven, E1 -F5- is showing,the

Customer Question

i have whirlpool gold self clean oven, E1 -F5- is showing,the lock is broke for self clean to come onbut just need this to disapear so oven will at least work. no lights on in oven when opened. tried to push any button for 1minute but not working either. plz help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

E1 F5 means that the latch assembly has just failed, that's why it won't work. You'll need to replace the latch assembly to fix the issue. The oven won't work without a working latch assembly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this happened before,and they somehow reset it,and its benn working for 3years now. i accidentally hit the self clean button and this is why we are having problems,it will work if i can get the f5 to disappear, thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
ok but you can't reset it now that you pressed it if there is a faulty latch. Try unplugging the unit to see if it resets. If not then you need a new latch assembly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i appreciate your help but i need the reset button to reset, so i can use it. this has happened before and i am able to use the oven,just not locking it to clean. ialready know that it needs to be replaced,just need to use it again before i have the money to fix it. but i am sorry that your answer is not worth 25.00 to me,i think you understand,but if you think you can get it reset ill be happy to pay. thanks bob
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately there isn't a reset button as stated before, you need a new door latch assembly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi i unplugged the oven overnite and this morning it reset its self. a code came up,i think f2 and i hit cancel and the oven lights came on and full panel. i thought you might want to let others know before they have to replace costly parts for no reason,this will reset the oven but the self clean motor still needs to be replaced but at least the oven works in the meantime to buy some time..bob
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
ok well glad it works but you still need to replace the latch assembly. It will just come back.