Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

model #EL7ATRRMS03 freezerless refrigerator does not cool

model #EL7ATRRMS03 freezerless refrigerator does not cool average temp 58 to 62. compressor runs constantly coils get frosty on about the first four inches only. the defrost timer replaced, fan works, defrost heater works,thermostat seems to function. is it low on freon?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. So you only see frost on the first 4 inches of the coils and nothing else?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes nothing else
Ok you either have a week compressor or low on freon. This isn't a do it yourself repair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is it possible to tap in on the suction side of the compressor to check the psi of either neg or pos pressure to see if the compressor is weak?
Do you have gauges. Most of them you have to solder in a fitting to hook up with.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have access to a set of gauges and i understand that if not soldered the piercing type will leak
That is true.Most the time you have a leak it leaks out the oil and the compressor foes bad also.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
with the gauges in place on the suction side what will the gauges indicate to determine weak compressor or low on freon?
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

The pressures on the low side should be about 0 to 3 psi with the compressor running for 30 minutes, and between 125 and 150 psi on the high side.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech