Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

I have a Kenmore Electric Range. The oven will not turn off.

I have a Kenmore Electric Range. The oven will not turn off. I had to turn off the circuit braker. I let the oven cool overnight and then switched back on the circuit braker. The oven went on again. I tried hitting the cancel button, but it did not work.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.
You will need to replace the control board for the oven. The relay attached to the board has welded itself closed. You can order the part from sears with the complete model #.

If this has been helpfull please press accept.Smile
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How much does that cost?
I would need the complete model # XXXXX give you a price.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will get the model number tonight and forward it to you in the morning.
Ok no problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The model number is: 95023101 -- How much does the part cost and approximately what will it cost to repair it.? Thank you.
That model # XXXXX not work did you get it off the appliance ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, I got it off the door of the oven. The other number I have is RM912775. Does that work?

The part is 165 dollars to have a tech come in and change you would be looking at a 75 dollar service call an 30 dollars in labor so about 270 dollars plus tax.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. Just one more question. Would I be able to fix it myself by reading a manual? I do not have experience fixing stoves.
Yes you can. Just pull the stove out unplug it remove the upper back panel. The part is right there. Just undo the ribbon cable for the touch pad and swap the wires from the old one to the new one. Plug the ribbon cable back in and you are done. This is the part # for the part # 8523665