Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hi, I have a microwave oven (model - KHMS2050SSS-0). It has

starting a strange issue two... Show More
starting a strange issue two days ago. At first, the inner light would not go off, the control screen stated that the door had not been opened and thus would not let you start the oven. Also, the clock kept running fast. I unplugged the unit and left it unplugged for several minutes to try a reset. I plugged it in and it work fine for a couple hours. Now, the inner light will not turn on. Also, when you open the door, the control screen goes blank. No functions work now. Help!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This sounds like just a faulty control board. At first it sounded like maybe one of the door switches has gone bad (that would cause the light to stay on and state that the door had not ben opened), but that wouldn't cause the clock to run fast or the control panel to go blank. Unfortunately that means that your relay control board has just gone bad and will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the board you'd need to order and replace to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. However, I have two quick questions.

1) The part is listed as a Whirlpool part. Are Whirlpool and Kitchen Aid the same company? I want to make sure the part will fit.

2) Do you have a link to a repair manual for this model?

yes, whirlpool owns Kitchen AId so that is why all Kitchen Aid parts are actually Whirlpool made.

And unfortunately there isn't a listing for the repair manual on this unit, but I will tell you that it's not easy to service and you'll need to uninstall the entire unit to service it. It's also very heavy so you will need a helping hand.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.

One more question. You stated that you think the control board is bad. I just want to double check the part number. On the parts list, it shows two items.

8206608 Control Board (Relay) and

8206493 Relay Board.

Can you verify the part number?

8206493 is the part you need. That is the part I linked to you before I believe.

Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
That is correct, I just wanted to double check. Thank You.
awesome, you have a good rest of the day.