Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

model wed8300sw1 dryer only heats interrmittantly

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

You need to replace your thermistor in this. If everything else checks out the only thing left is the thermistor,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
this is located on the blower assembly, you can order this@ this will take care your issue, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have already replaced this also, seems to not be the repair issue. could their be a switch or loose connection on the motor assembly that is not always working?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yes it could actually the motor has a centrifugal switch in it that sends power to the heater but this only comes with the motor, they don't sell it separately, you seem to have covered all the other bases so that would be my guess now that point, I didn't know you replaced the thermistor that usually the issue on these don't heat correctly, I don't believe theres a loose connection I think the contact in the motor centrifugal switch is bad, that's about all I can think of since you checked everything else, the heater gets half its power from the centrifugal switch so that would be logical, trace the wires back to the motor from the thermostats and remove it , go to ground and check power coming out of the motor as it's running, that's really the only way to test this, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Just fyi, I can tap on this switch which is loose on motor housing when no heat is being produced and then I am usually able to dry the clothes, hence the intermittent problem. Thanks for your time, this has been a great headache as this happened to go bad after dryer went out of warranty.Have a great day. Rick Cook

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
You welcome Rick, it's definitely the motor centrifugal switch if you tap on it and then you able a do a load of clothes with heat, there's only one thing you can really try without replacing the whole motor but if you get it wrong, you can try sanding the contacts to clean them, you may have to remove the motor and try taking this switch apart there are two screws that hold switch to the motor and you can remove it but if you bend the contacts to much while attempting to clean them you may not get it back together correctly will need to replace the motor, here is a link to the motor in there is also a video that shows you how to remove it, that's about all I can do thanks and well wishes, Bryan