Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Amana lw6501w2 washer very noisy during spin. Sounds like

Amana lw6501w2 washer very noisy during spin. Sounds like a bad bearing or could it just be the belt idler wheel?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Doesn't sound like a jet plane taking off? Or is it more of a rattle?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
jet plane, or like a bearing growl
Yeah it's going to be the main spin Bearing that's gone, this is a huge job the entire machine has to come apart which means the tubs needs to be removed inner and outer and there is a lot of labor involved, I can send you diagrams but this job should be done by a technician a lot of times these don't come apart easily and there are special tools you need to do these such as Spanner wrench and a few other special tools, this job if a technician did it would probably run you around $200-$250 sometimes more depends on what breaks when they try to take it apart, I would seriously think about the new machine at this point, hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan