Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a maytag front load washer that is about 3 urs old.

I have a maytag front load washer that is about 3 urs old. I am getting an error message H F on the digital screen, and it has not completed spinnignout the clothes. What does this mean?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you open the door and get us the full model number? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay great, this is a problem with the flow meter (water)

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
but before you do anything else or replace anything I would check the drain pump trap for obstructions, remove the bottom panel under the door this is an access panel, there are three screws underneath close to the floor, remove those and you will see this once you take the panel off,

Register Here
get some towels ready and turn the trap counterclockwise and pull it out, clean it real good and reinstall it, try the machine again, if it runs your all set if not you need to replace the flow meter, you can order the flow meter at, this will take care your issue, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I will have my husband try that when he gets home.

Okay, if he has any further questions just come back and reply and I will receive it, thanks and well wishes, Bryan