Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

WE HAD TO REPLACE THE P;ASTIC BARELL INSIDE THE DOOR. IT WAS

WE HAD TO REPLACE THE P;ASTIC BARELL INSIDE THE DOOR.
IT WAS THE RIGHT PART BECAUSE WE TOOK THE DOOR TO
A MAYTAG PARTS DEALER.WE CAN NOT GET THE DOOR BACK
ON SO THAT IT CLOSES FLUSH ON THE SIDE WHERE THE HINGES
ARE.WE TRIED MANY WAYS...WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Your model number doesn't seem to be coming up, can you recheck that?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

try this mah5500BWQ

OR

B9945119GX

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay the top number is XXXXX are you putting the front panel on before putting the door on dropping it down into the hinge slots? Or are you pulling the door on first?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
we have the hinges screwed on the door and we put them into the slit but when you close it the dorr is not flush on left side
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay have them these many times, you didn't reverse the door while you were doing this job correct? So when you close the door it won't close all the way no matter what you do ? Your absolutely sure that the door hinges are seating down in the slits all the way? You are able to put the screws in? What I mean is the screws line up correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the screws are all lined up,my husband is checking to make sure door

is not reversed well get back to you in 15 min

GO STEELERS...WE LIVE IN PITTSBURGH

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

I'm trying to get a grasp of what is going on in this, the screws line up on the hinges which means is sitting right it seems as though the door maybe hitting the new boot somewhere, does it seem to be hitting something and not closing, so you actually have all the screws in the door hinges and tight correct? Is the front panel also on already the U-shaped front panel?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES EVERYTHING IS LINED UP WHEN YOU SLOSE THE DOOR YOU SEE

1/4 INCH OPENING ON THE SIDE OF THE DOOR WHERE THE HINGES ARE

THE OPENING RUNS THE LENGHT OF THE DOOR

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
did you put the wrong screws in the door hinges? there are different screws that hold the door hinges and the other side that have those plastic pieces, the door hinge screws are bevelled to fit flush in the hinge could they be the wrong screws? do they stick out past the hinge? they are suppose to countersink into the hinges, even one wrong one can cause this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES THE SCREWS ARE FINE.IT HAS TO BE THE HINGES THEY ARN'T GOING DEEP ENOUGH

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
well it seems to me that the hinges have to be seated all the way in for the screws to line up, do you have number 15 on this diagram already on?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

;WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE DID BUT THANK-YOU IT'S FIXED AND

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
your welcome. it must have been sitting wrong somewhere. thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.