Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my kitchenAid DW model # KUDC031TBL1 smell like it is going

my kitchenAid DW model # XXXXX smell like it is going to start on fire when it runs, approx 3-8 mins into the wash. I checked the thermal fuse, it's ok, I tried replacing the circuit board and it still does it. Any ideas. It has gotten so hot that the rubber backing on the SS door by the circuit board has "blackened some of the wire coating going to the circuit board and a warning label by the exhaust fan has blackened also.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

KitchenAid has had a lot of recalls on their dishwashers , the KUD models are included in some of these recalls however is not find exact model number in the recall list but that doesn't mean it's not on an updated list which you would need to call to find out, this can be a very dangerous situation and in some cases has started fires in people's homes, I would contact whirlpool Corporation, the manufacturer the KitchenAid dishwashers, here is the whirlpool contact information and recall and also, there is contact info on this page, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan