Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

trying to trouble shoot a Dryer Model pye3300ayw...No heat.

Recently replaced the High Limits, kit. Simple. When I reinstalled the heating element at first it didn't heat. SO I took it out and tested it for resistance...getting 11.7 ohm...When I put it back into position it worked.

After a couple days use its back to not heating. I first assumed some sort of a connection problem; but everything seems to be ok.

Does the thermostat on the blower play a part in this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Yes the thermostat on the blower is the cycling thermostat and yes it does play a part in the heating of this, this cycles lead on off so it doesn't overheat more than likely it is bad, you can check that for continuity across the two outside terminals, the two little ones on top for telling the timer to move as it dries, you should get continuity across the two outside terminals, if you need to order this here's a link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Cycling-Thermostat/487706?modelNumber=PYE3300AYW hope this helps, thanks, Bryan

yours may look different you may have this one,

Edited by Bryan on 2/5/2011 at 11:33 PM EST