Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE High Efficiency Washer and Dryer. My dryer is Model

I have a GE High Efficiency Washer and Dryer. My dryer is Model #DCVH515FOWW with a Serial #VH704939A. My dryer has ceased tumbling and the drum refuses to move. I can move it by hand but the motor just hums when I start it. What is the problem and can I get this fixed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

are you saying you can move the drum fairly easy by hand? Try this have someone hold the door button in and spin the drum while you push the start button, does it start and run when you do that? Let me know thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I followed your suggestion to the letter and it worked like a charm. Thank you for your assistance and I will definitely press the accept button.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Is it starting normally now? I think you need to try it with a full load of clothes make sure it's running correctly,you may have a dead spot in the motor and this could happen again. thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Edited by Bryan on 2/5/2011 at 11:26 PM EST