MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a kitchen aide Refreg. KTRC19MMBL00 / About a week ago,

Customer Question

I have a kitchen aide Refreg. KTRC19MMBL00 / About a week ago, my freg starting losing temperture, and forming ice on back wall of freezer, it is self deforst but doesn't seem to defrosting. so I turned it completely off for over 24 hours and cleaned it and turned it back on, worked for about a week now starting problem all over again. took everything out and unpluged it for overnight and next day,THAWED AND CLEANED, WORKED FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW STARTING TO LOSE TEMPERTURE AND ICE FORMING AGAIN ON THE BACK INSIDE OF FREEZER, NOT REALLY ICE MORE LIKE FROST AND CLOSING OFF VENTS, I SUPPOSE THAT IS WHY TEMP IS FALLING.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.
You are correct; this is not defrosting anymore. To determine exactly what has failed will require the use of a multimeter however. If you do not want that bother then you can simply replace the few parts involved and not have to worry about anything else failing in the future.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
MY HUBBY HAS A TESTER, WHAT SHOULD I TEST, OR WHAT PARTS SHOULD I REPLACE?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.

This is a simple system - there is a defrost timer and thermostat, and heater. One of those is out. You can turn the timer with a screwdriver and see if the heater comes on. There is a small hole on the underside of the control housing where the timer hub can be rotated. Turn it till the fridge shuts off; at that point the heater should turn on if the heater and defrost thermostat are good. You can remove the back wall of the freezer to easily tell and make any further checks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay turned that and it went off, but can't tell if heater came on

that control housing is in the frig part right.,

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.
I already mentioned what to do. Reread my reply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know you already mentioned , and I have read it and done it, just wanted to make sure. Your not to friendly are you? Just want to make sure it is the heater and thermostat part. so okay what parts do I need to order cna you tell me that?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.

I am here to help you solve this; repeating answers just wastes time- if you are unhappy with how I am doing this then I will stop.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't want you to repeat, just confirming what I was doing, as I am not filimar with Appliances, so kinda foriegn to me. I was just checking to see if we did the right thing. Freg went off and we can't hear anything coming on. SOOO would that mean it is the heater, thermostat part? Is that one part or two pcs. Is that what I need to fix problem.

I don't want you to stop, I am just confirming what is being done is right, and you could have answered my question instead of telling me to reread what you already wrote is all.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.
Take off the back wall and see if the heater is on or not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm truly sorry, but here again, not sure what your talking about, the back wall of Freg. part or back wall of freezer? This is the foriegn stuff to me. We tried sliding the cover on the inside of freezer off, on the back wall and couldnt. Is there a trick to it?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 3 years ago.

Remove the whole panel.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
nothing to edit, closed question due to rudeness of expert and his lack of communacation skills , wouldn't explain steps to take and we didn't unerstand what he was saying to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11