Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My dryer has a burnt smell during cycle

My dryer has a burnt smell during cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Does the burning smell electrical? Or does it smell like burning lint?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It really smells like neither. Has more of a rubber smell. Like we are drying a tennis shoe which we haven't
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay that's strange, let me take a look at the model give me little bit and I will be back, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I cleaned lint, I did not remove the drum or clean around the heating coils. They are somewhat dusty. When I run the dryer with the top up , the smell comes from the rear of the dryer as it heats.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Most likely you have something in the heater assembly,(coils) that's causing this smell, there really shouldn't be anything down in there however, there is no rubber associated with heating element assembly, I believe the problem is one of your wheels is sticking, these have rubber the the drum rides on and if the wheel is sticking the drum will keep turning and can burn up the rubber on the wheel,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
that's about all I can think of and back that would be causing a rubber smell, I would check those replace if needed, thanks, Bryan