Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Monogram Refrigerator that is about 8 years old.

I have a GE Monogram Refrigerator that is about 8 years old. The interior light in the refrigerator stopped working yesterday. The light in the freezer section still works. The master light switch appears to be working as I can control the freezer section light with that switch, but it does not change the fact that the refrigerator light is not working. The door switch also appears to be working since when I "close" the switch with the door open, the temperature indicator lights go out and I can hear a fan start. Based on the troubleshooting guidelines it appears that the light bulb needs to be replaced. However the manual tells me there are four bulbs in the refrigerator section and it seem strange to me that they would all go at once. I can't be sure that one or more wasn't already failed. Before I go to the trouble of emptying the refrigerator and taking the bulbs out I'd like to know if there is anything else I should consider.

Thanks.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Unless you had a power surge of some type I doubt I'll four bulbs will go out at the same time, you have a bad light relay on the main control board, these are all electronic and are different relays for the lights in the freezer and the lights in the refrigerated section, this will need to be replaced, you need extended knowledge of electronic boards do any testing on these boards however if you are uncomfortable with purchasing and installing this I would call authorized technician to look at it, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. This is the type of feedbak I was looking for.
You welcome, this is located on the back of the refrigerator next to the compressor, it's part number 801 on the diagram,

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
thanks and have a great day, Bryan