Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The detergent compartment does not open up during the wash.

The detergent compartment does not open up during the wash. It remains closed. The soap inside gets wet but remains mostly there.
Model SHY99A06UC.
Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is this your dispenser? Main Product View

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Bosch dishwasher Model SHY99A06UC.
soap compartment door does not open during cycle.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, this is the dispenser
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay well is have a solenoid that open the dispenser, you actually need to replace the dispenser however because they do not sell the solenoid separately, you can order this at the following blue link, part this will take care of your issue, isn't that I didn't want to post an answer I just wanted some more info from you to make sure that this was correct dispenser, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for leading to the part. I'll buy the part #565397, but could you provide directions for installation. I see there are 10 screws that hold the outside cover, but need more info for the rest.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
its pretty easy. these just snap in, when you get it apart you will see the plastic case has little tabs that snap into the inner door skin. you can see in the picture, on the clear part,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you be more clear?
How do you take the old unit out? from the outside of the inner door skin? or from behind?
There must be electrical commections, are they plug-in?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
take the screws out around the inside of the door and lift the inner door skin and this will come out towards the inside of the dish washer. in other words you release the dispenser from inside the door panel and push it out. you will see when you get the door open.the electrical connections just plug in, hope this helps, thanks Bryan