Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a PF code on my electric oven (RBS245PRS03). All works

I have a PF code on my electric oven (RBS245PRS03). All works but no heat comes out. What is my problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

You most likely have a blown high limit thermostat, PF means power failure, usually it means the power went out and came back on and usually hitting cancel and then reset in the clock takes care of it, but it sounds like more than that in yours, the high limit thermostat is part number 30 on this diagram and is on the back of the oven which means the oven needs to, the wall to get to it,,if you have a voltmeter you can check this : by pulling the oven out make sure you shut the power off first and remove one wire from the thermostat and then check the thermostat for continuity, if it has no continuity it needs to be replaced, if it has continuity you have a control/clock problem, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan-the clock already works-does that mean I already have continuity without having to check voltage?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
No not necessarily, it's the thing is the clock will run on 110 V which is half of the 220 you have coming in so the clock will actually work but the other 110 Vs to say the elements go through that thermostat, so if that thermostat is blown you won't get 220 Vs to the elements, also just because the clock works doesn't mean the relays on the board work which is part of the clock, there are different aspects of the clock assembly, the time and settings are only one aspect, the relays have to kick in and send power through that thermostat and to the elements so the clock can still show the time, let you set the bake or broil but it doesn't necessarily mean the control is working, but you need to check that thermostat first, thanks, Bryan