Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a GE Monogram Refrigerator Model - Z1SW420DMA that

We have a GE Monogram Refrigerator Model - Z1SW420DMA that has been working great for years - but in the last 3 weeks the freezer portion seems to never turn off and the temperature says it gets to -15 degrees even though we have it set for a +3 degrees - any suggestions ???   -  I turned off both the freezer & the refrigerator tempertures on the keypad till it said off - they both turned off - but then a few minutes later as we were taking everything out of both freezer & refrigerator - the freezer portion turned on by iteslf - even though the displayed said OFF - is this normal ??  I cut the power to the unit - we are cleaning it completely - and then we are going to restart the device - hopefully this will solve the problem - if not - what should I be looking at ??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you recheck the model number it doesn't seem to be coming up, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay great, the problem is with the main control board, part number 703 on this diagram, it's in the back with the compressor is,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
the cheapest place I found this board is at just click the blue link, GE has had so many problems with these boards they've had to redesign them more than once this is the latest board, this will take care your issue, thanks and well wishes, Bryan