Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a ge Profile dishwasher that isnt properly draining.

I have a ge Profile dishwasher that isn't properly draining. There is a lot of standing water in the tub. I have tried baking soda and vinegar flushes a few times thru the tub and the other end of the drain tube. What else can i do to try and get the clog out. My sink drains fine. It is connected to a disposal but there doesn't seem to be any problems with that.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you open the door and on one of the side walls there will be a tag with the model number on it can you get that for me? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

model number pdw7880n10ss

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay your garbage disposal hasn't been replaced recently has it? Can you take the hose off the garbage disposal and put it in a big bucket and run the drain cycle tell me if the water is pouring out into the bucket?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it has not been replaced recently. The drain cycle is not listed as an option. what do i do to get to that cycle. I have a rinse cycle, is that what you mean?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Does it have a cancel button? If so try pressing that and it should go to a drain cycle and then drain,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no cancel button. start/reset button

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
try the reset button, or you may have to wait for the cycle to go through until it drains. we need to see if the drain pump is pumping. and how much,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Pressed the start/reset button. No draining, but this is how I use to do it in the past. Ran it through rinse only cycle and no draining. I did not even hear the drain cycle come on.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
You can order this Okay if you don't hear the drain pump at all it's bad, this is the drain pump,in order to replace this however you will need to remove the machine so you can get added it's underneath towards the back, you can order this@ and this will take care of your problem, thanks and well wishes, Bryan